Join now - be part of our community!

need suggestion buying guide

profile.country.GB.title
Maasum
New

need suggestion buying guide

i have budget of 800 i like 

SONY BRAVIA KD55XF8796BU 55"

i got some negative review that under dark room the picture quality is bad... i m confused... will you explain me?

or within this budget which one you guys recommand... my main thing is picture video quality and sharpness and colour... with good motionrate.

if i compair it with 

SONY BRAVIA KD55XF8505796BU 55"

which is better? whats the difference??

which one is lastest tech or realesed... please let me know i m going to buy today afternoon...

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not find any XF8796 model in sony tv lineup....

X85 models and variant all rely on an IPS panel that compared to VA panel has some advantages (wide viewing angle, normally more vibrant colors) but also disadvantages (lower contrast that, since this is an edge led tv cannot be compensated by a local dimming resulting in greyish black compared to a VA panel).

Given the characteristics it is up to you what do you prefer. In case you prefer darker black you have to step up to XF90 model that feature a VA panel along with Full array local dimming (or FALD).

Both these technologies have more or less 20 year... if you look for the latest technoclogy you have to invest more an have a look at an Oled TV.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@rooobb  try here

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Thanks for directing me, but as far as it looks on the side XF87 is shown in the same page of XF85 and features only changes in the colour of the frame. Everything else is the same so the comments remain valid.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Not quite... there are three 55in sets in the 85/87 series, two with black bezels (BU) and one with a silver bezel (SU) and the two sets @Maasum describes are both black bezels.

But despite being the same RRP, the first one he mentions is 1000Hz Motionflow, and the second one, the 8505, is 800Hz Motionflow.

Other than that, and only taking a quick look, no differences I can find.

I don’t know why anyone would prefer the lesser Motionflow - do you?

Though come to that, I don’t know anyone who can see the difference anyway :cool:

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Obviously more is better than less :wink:

but remember that Motionflow numbers are quite "fake" and only show how many software algorithms the set is able to apply. The underlying real frequency of the panel is always 100Hz for this panel and personally I do not like too much the soap opera effect nor the BFI (at least on my Oled panel that flicker too much)