Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony Bravia Owner Power Tip.

profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

New Sony Bravia Owner Power Tip.

If you want to turn off the TV, for example, you will be away from home for a week, and want to shut down your TV.

Pressing the Power button on the TV will put your Bravia in Standby mode.

Holding the Power button for a few seconds and the TV will restart. 

In order for the TV to completely shut down is to locate the buttons on the backside of your TV. 

Find the power button, usually the middle one, and hold it down, while holding it a notification will pop-up in the screen with 4 dots, telling you that the TV will shutdown. After 4 seconds, your Bravia is now completely turned off. 

Hope this tip helped, as i couldnt find any info on the community untill i got my Bravia.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for posting this tip.  You are correct that there is very little information about this.  I the picture below hightlights the buttons on the rear of the TV.  Some depending upon your model TV, the buttons might be vertical or in a 'square'

Power Buttons.jpg

On some models, your TV may just have 3 buttons:

Power Buttons2.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

I have a KD49XD8305,  the buttons on the back side aren't the same as the 2 in the picture you provided, it only has 3 buttons, Volume up, power and volume down.

But I'm glad to help!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It seems Sony keep changing these buttons !!  For a long time now, they stuck to the 'square'.

I have just edited my above post to reflect this too.

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

I'm very glad to help. 

1 side question. Is the base for the KD49XD8305 wobbly or is it just mine?  It's quite unstable and I have screwed the bolts tightly, but when I touch the TV it shakes a bit  and it gives me the feeling  that the TV might fall or the base might break. Could it be a problematic base or is it built like that?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a different base to my TV (KD-55XD8577), and I too find the base a little wobbly.  This is quite common in many TVs to be honest (and not just Sony).  Luckily I dont have to move my TV often, but when I do I gently slide the table-stand along the carpet :slight_smile:

However it is recommended to connect a cord or wire from the TV to the stand in order to prevent it toppling forward.  I would especially recommend this if you have pets or small children too.  It wont prevent the TV from falling backwards, but it will forwards.

Topple Prevention.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

Thank you very much.  You are very helpful. Have a nice Day/Night!