Join now - be part of our community!

Newbie - Just bought a new TV - Completely stuck!

profile.country.GB.title
sonysucks64
New

Newbie - Just bought a new TV - Completely stuck!

Hi,

I just took delivery of my new Sony Bravia 49XD8099BU today. Delighted! Short lived.

I plugged my Virgin Media Tivo into HDMI1 and my Amazon Fire stick into HDMI2. Turned it on and went through the Setup. I chose (by mistake) HDMI2 as the channel to go to when the telly fires up so I see all my Amazon content but I can't change to HDMI1 from the Sony TV remote.

It just doesn't respond when I hit the input select button (box with arrow in). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? How do I change between different inputs using the remote control? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

My advice when initially setting up an Android based TV is to:

• Update the TV to the latest firmware - see instructions HERE
  • Factory reset the TV once done - see instructions HERE

There are multiple ways to change the input source, but there is a button on the remote control, see pic below:

2016 Remote COntrol.jpg

You can also press the [HOME] button on the remote control and on the home screen you should see the inputs to select:

Input Select - Android TV - Home Screen.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @sonysucks64

• First of all try a reboot for your TV. Press and hold green Power button on RC for more than 5 seconds. TV shall reboot. When Home screen or any Input appears, wait for about one more minute to completely load all sys apps. Check again.
  • If issue remains then goto Settings - Apps - Running apps and look for an App called InputSelection. I f there is not such an app then also check Settings - Apps - System app and also check there if the InputSelectiom app exists. If yes, select this and check if this is Force stopped. I don't know if this can be started again other way than Factory Reset because there is no option for enabling - disabling. Follow Quinnicus instructions for Factory reset