Join now - be part of our community!

No HD sound to MDR-HW700DS from Nvidia Shield 2017

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ToshDonaldson
New

No HD sound to MDR-HW700DS from Nvidia Shield 2017

Hello everybody
Setup: Nvidia shield with Kodi including Plex addon installed. Kodi is set to passthrough audio. Through High Speed HDMI cable to Sony MDR-HW700DS headphones base HDMI input 1. From Sony MDR-HW700DS base HDMI output a HDMI cable runs to Pioneer PDP-428XD plasma tv.

Problem: In the headphones menu the only sound status I can get is 2.0 LPCM. Not any of the HD sound like DTS.HD or Dolby True HD.

Info: Before I had a Surround receiver (Denon) and then I had no problem in getting the DTS-HD or Dolby HD soundtag in the display when getting sound from that same Nvidia Shield.

Does any have an idea of what I am doing wrong? Any help is very much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Best regards Tosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/hw700ds/v1/en/contents/05/02/14/14.html

Set [TV+HP Audio OUT:] to [Off] on the menu of the processor.
If it is set to [On], the audio output from the device connected to the processor is influenced by the TV specifications. If the TV has stereo speakers, the audio output from the connected device becomes stereo (2-channel), the same as that of the TV, even if you are playing multi-channel programs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I thin you should get NVIDIA support on passthrough via HDMI...

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/hw700ds/v1/en/contents/05/02/14/14.html

Set [TV+HP Audio OUT:] to [Off] on the menu of the processor.
If it is set to [On], the audio output from the device connected to the processor is influenced by the TV specifications. If the TV has stereo speakers, the audio output from the connected device becomes stereo (2-channel), the same as that of the TV, even if you are playing multi-channel programs.

profile.country.GB.title
ToshDonaldson
New

Thanks Marino
That was it 🙂