Join now - be part of our community!

Oreo - Google Play Store - Promo Channels

profile.country.CZ.title
Fiiiha
Explorer

Oreo - Google Play Store - Promo Channels

I installed Oreo sometimes ago and because I do not like all the Channels on main screen I removed all of them. It is 14 days ago when I observed Promo channel row. This Channel is possible to switch off but it appears again by itself after while.

I know there is issue with Sponsored row and with Promotion row. The Promoted row which is usually described as a bug should be linked to Apps Spotlight.

I think my issue is the Google Play Store. It caused the Promo Channel which appearing again and again even I switched it off. When I killed the Google Play Store this Promo Channel is not available. If I remove all updates of Google Play Store and stop all auto-updates it (Promo Channel) appears again.

Does anyone have similar issues? Promo00.JPGpromo01.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.CZ.title
Fiiiha
Explorer

No. It was first advice from SONY support. At the end they told me I do not have to do the factory reset.

I do not want to lose all picture and TV channels setting. It appeared at time when I did not install nothing (maybe some auto updated were done) and after long time of normal working of the TV.