Join now - be part of our community!

Other methods of bluetooth connection

Other methods of bluetooth connection

KDL-50W839B I have read other bluetooth questions and is clear that the TV does not have Bluetooth connectivity, so why is it in the Menu's 

However is it possible to fit a bluetooth USB dongle to the tv to connect items such as Keyboard and Mouse

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

philbulman wrote:

KDL-50W839B I have read other bluetooth questions and is clear that the TV does not have Bluetooth connectivity, so why is it in the Menu's 

However is it possible to fit a bluetooth USB dongle to the tv to connect items such as Keyboard and Mouse

I can't find that set on the Sony site; the nearest is 29 instead of 39.

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-specs/KDL-50W829B/list

and no Bluetooth dongle is listed as an accessory.

But that is not an Android set, so if this is the one you have, can you please repost your query under 'Other TVs', where you are more likely to find someone who can help you with it?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

apologies and reposted, its 829B

Phil
profile.country.GB.title
pemccaf78
Explorer

I have tried to connect several apple devices using the bluetooth feature but none work. However it does technically pair to an apple laptop and to my motorola android operating system mobile phone but nothing happens after that. It justs asks you to tick either of two boxes on your phone to either access the internat or use the connection for sharing contacts. Neither work. THe bluetooth feature is seriously disappointing in its failure to connect to or do anything once connected. Mybe thats why it wsa down in price at the New Year sales in Curry's store. Come on Sony, you can do much better than this. Bluetooth is a universal standard nowadays for wireless connection so please sort this out and send an update to our television sets to download in any softward updates. 

profile.country.GB.title
pemccaf78
Explorer

I have tried to connect several apple devices using the bluetooth feature on the Sony 55" 55XD85599BU model TV but none work. However it does technically pair to an apple laptop and to my motorola android operating system mobile phone but nothing happens after that. It justs asks you to tick either of two boxes on your phone to either access the internat or use the connection for sharing contacts. Neither work. THe bluetooth feature is seriously disappointing in its failure to connect to or do anything once connected. Mybe thats why it wsa down in price at the New Year sales in Curry's store. Come on Sony, you can do much better than this. Bluetooth is a universal standard nowadays for wireless connection so please sort this out and send an update to our television sets to download in any softward updates. 

sebciu0
Explorer

You can buy Logitech keyboard like K400+. It woerks on my tv W509C.