Join now - be part of our community!

Picture Judder on KD-55XF9005 when playing standard DVDs

profile.country.GB.title
planetexpress3000
Explorer

Picture Judder on KD-55XF9005 when playing standard DVDs

I am experiencing severe picture judder on my new Sony KD-55XF9005 TV when playing back DVDs from my Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHB Blu-Ray player. I’ve tried playback from a Yamaha S1700 upscaling DVD player as well but cannot find any combination of settings that solve the problem or reduce it to an acceptable level. Blu-Ray and 4K Blu-ray playback from the Panasonic UB900 both appear fine. The problem is so bad that either the XF9005 needs to go and my old 42" Panasonic plasma screen be reinstated or my 2500 DVD collection may as well go for landfill - so any suggestions would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi planetexpress3000,

Welcome to the community. 

I'm just going to try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
planetexpress3000
Explorer

Thanks. I look forward to some suggestions!

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Planetexpress3000,

That's disconcerting. Does this happen on certain DVDs or all of your collection regardless? Also, do let us know what troubleshooting steps have you attempted to alleviate this issue?

Cheers,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GB.title
planetexpress3000
Explorer

I just solved the basic problem last night by replacing the Belkin 4K HDMI cable with one supplied with the Panasonic UB900 UHD Blu-Ray player. I bought that machine a year before I got the TV and forgot It came with an interconnect so when buying the TV I bought the cable suggested by the salesman. Even though the Panasonic cable has a higher GB/sec rating I'm surprised that it should make any difference to DVD as it seemed OK handling the much higher bitrates of Blu-ray and UHD Blu-Ray.