Join now - be part of our community!

Program Up/Down keys not respecting favourite sort order

profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

Program Up/Down keys not respecting favourite sort order

Subject says it all. I spent some time marking favourite programs and sort them, but it appears that UP/DOWN keys does not respect my channel sort. 

If I press discover and EPG, both respect my channel order, but UP/DOWN stays what cable provider has set. 

9 REPLIES 9
611forss
New

I have the same problem! It´s a bit irritating not be able to flip through the channels as one is used to.

Can we report this error to Sony in some way?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

@rooobb is "correct"? (not my english please... :smileyyahoo:):
when you set a preferred list, and choose a channel from it, you can see (for a short time) an OSD who say: "The List number x was selected"... Now you can move UP/DOWN in this List. If you select a channel with the numeric pad, you will return to all channel.

But, maybe isn't your problem...

Manolo

profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

To be honest, there is one way, although it seems pretty unobvious and hard to maintain. Therefore I don't feel it valuable option. 

There is a Windows software: Sony Editor, that can resolve the problem. 

I also found that I can do manual sorting, as done in Sony Editor, but using remote and done directly on TV.

Here is the URL for the SonyEditor: http://www.sony.de/support/de/product/KDL-46HX755/downloads/Sony_Editor

To export or import channel list:

Plug USB fat formated stick. [NOTE: I have to remove my HDD for recording, before I was able to be able to export/import sorting.]

Menu path for exporting/importing channel list: Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] —

[Channel setup] — [Digital setup] — [Technical set-up] — [Programme List Transfer] — [Export] or [Import]

!!! Don't forget to turn off auto channel update, otherwise everything will be restored to previous state.

To do it without SonyEditor:

Menu path for manual sorting: Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] —

[Channel setup] — [Digital setup] — [Digital Tunning] — [Programme List Edit]

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As @Marino.Manolo wrote, if you select a programma via the EPG Guide (it it is set to show only your preferred program list) also the up/down button on remote will scroll only through those programs.

profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

This works only in EPG. Which is slow to start. Even if I press Discover on my Remote and show the slim-down EPG, it is also ordered correctly.

The problem here is about UP/DOWN key press, while watching a channel. Normally it should respect same order as in EPG, but it does not. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @anton.stamenov

Are you also using General Satellite channels in your Favourites lists ?

There is an issue of auto rearrange in satellite channels list that unfortunately affects Favourites. Mixed or not with digital(DVB-T) channels.

https://community.sony.gr/t5/android-tv/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2089574#M39396

profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

No, I have just DVB-C. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@anton.stamenov

Sort TV programmes in Discover - Settings should have a third option of "By user" and not just By programme number and By service name.

I believe that the lack of this option generates a software "confusion" in generally channels sorting.

Unfortunately they do not solve these issues for more than a year.

profile.country.BG.title
anton.stamenov
Explorer

I agree with this. 

Although workarounds exists, I would preffer such option to be implemented, so it behaves as expected.