Join now - be part of our community!

Programme list edit unavailable on Bravia KD49XF9005

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Programme list edit unavailable on Bravia KD49XF9005

• Unpacked and set up my new KD49XF9005 today, and was surprised to see the Programme list edit option was unavailable. Searching the forum I found owners of other Bravia models with a similar issue. The workaround was to change Country/Language settings, but not sure I can do that with this set. Any other workaround or solution? It seems a huge step backwards not to have this option. Thanks. 
22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

@royabrown

As always thank you for your great feedback!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

As a follow-up to my original question, am I right in thinking that the YouView UI doesn’t allow programme reminders to be set unlike the Freeview guide?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Yes. YouView on these sets is but a pale shadow of YouView on a YouView box :worried:

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Thanks for confirming. YouView does seem to lack some basic features. 

profile.country.GB.title
Carlito123
Explorer

I’ve purchased a KD-49XF9005. For the first couple of weeks I had you view tuned in. Now I can’t get any digital channels on youview, so I now have general satellite channels tuned in which is fine but in the guide section no event information is displayed. Can anyone help? Also does anyone know why I can’t get digital channels on you view any more. Thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
Carlito123
Explorer

How do you do this? 

profile.country.GB.title
Carlito123
Explorer

How do you do this?

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Have you tried re-tuning your TV? Have you tried disabling the YouView option and using the default EPG?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Carlito123 wrote:

How do you do this? 

Assuming you mean use Programme Editing, how to disable YouView is the first ‘Android-specific’ entry in the FAQS posting at the top of this part of the Community.

Then it will become ungrayed, and you can shuffle channels to your heart’s content.

Please note that, should you miss the YouView interface(!), if you go back into YouView and skip the retuning step, ignoring the dire warnings, then the new channel sequence will be preserved in YouView.

Or was your “this” something else?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Carlito123 wrote:

I’ve purchased a KD-49XF9005. For the first couple of weeks I had you view tuned in. Now I can’t get any digital channels on youview, so I now have general satellite channels tuned in which is fine but in the guide section no event information is displayed. Can anyone help? Also does anyone know why I can’t get digital channels on you view any more. Thanks 

The satellite option on these sets only has a Now & Next programme guide.

There is a bug affecting the Guide on YouView which means that you see ‘No information available’ all over it, but the channels are still there, and can be watched.

The 700Mhz clearances mean that you may have to retune your YouView digital channels; and in some areas of the UK, you may lose certain channels (check if BBC4 HD has gone, if you could get this before). And in extreme cases, you may lose all your channels, and need a new aerial.

See this posting in the YouView Community for full details.