Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Andriod 43X8305C PROBLEMS.

Dtay91
Explorer

Sony Andriod 43X8305C PROBLEMS.

Had this TV For a week now after thinking my panasonic 4k was bad! I'm wondering does anyone have the same issues as me?

Delay turning TV on and off.
Lag in menus
Lag in picture & sound
Lag in motion
Difficult to connect to IOS.
No WWE network app? Does anyone one know when it's coming!
Finally and most annoyingly when watching fast Panning action IE football the grass has a smudge effect when the camera pans!!

Any help would be appreciated especially with best picture settings for Football. :slight_smile:
7 REPLIES 7

This TV is a nightmare. Great 4k picture with very poor operating functionality. Software problems occur that cause:-

1 Poor response from handset operation, causing channel changes to either be very slow or having to press buttons repeatedly to get required response. Will at times not even switch of when power button pressed.

2. On start up , may only have sound and no picture meaning set has to be switched off, unplugged and restarted to get picture to appear.

3. Will not recognise HDMI inputs, irrespective of updating firmware.

4. Will at random , go to the Android page on start up instead of going to the last channel viewed.

This TV is exactly one month old, and on day 2 of ownership I had to contact the retailers Technical helpline for advice and help, with subsequent issues throughout the month. It may be going back to the retailer for a replacement from another Manufacturer

My old 37inch Sony was far superior to this set in it's operating effectiveness.

alellio01

Please dont take this the wrong way, but why did you even buy it,

For months the beta testers who purchased these tvs on the day of release have been posting all the issues you discribed. Sony dont care, Simple.

The way the price has dropped in the shops, shows what the public think, as example 49x8309 was £1300, today you can buy for £899. thats £400 drop in 3 months (there dropping faster then tesco share price).. My advice return it. There have been some great people on this forum that have tried to work with sony, in the end they have returned there units.

Sony will just keep dragging this out, until the 2016 models are launched.

Pavvy8

yeah it does sound like software issues but just try this one thing:

press and hold the on/off button for 10 seconds until it starts to reboot as it will perform an internal power cycle...dont worry it will not delete anything but I have tried it and it fixed quite a few of those weird issues

AdamJH
New

I have exactely the same problems - very slow in response, not working with IOS acctually disapointet - anyone know what to do. It seems like the prcessor in the TV do not match the speed you expect in a modern just launched TV

thed4ppa
New

We have similar issues tv is so slow its untrue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @thed4ppa

An FW update was released a couple of weeks back (version 3.533) of which many including myself have noticed that the TVs responsiveness seems to have been improved somewhat.  Have you updated your TV with this firmware update?

Cheers