Join now - be part of our community!

Sony bravia clouding issue

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Sony bravia clouding issue

Just under two weeks ago I took delivery of a Sony Bravia 55xd8005 tv and other than a strange issue when hdr10 is activated I have noticed some clouding predominantly on the bottom right and left of the panel, I have adjusted the led brightness but it still persists,is this something that may improve over time or is there any fixes?Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

If you are brave enough, you can try and loosen some of the screws at the back. This has helped in the past when I have had this issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

What I did has been to "stretch" the display a bit. Put a hand on the back just above the plastic  block behind and push the top corners from the frame (to avoid touching the display and to give some more pressure). It doesn't get perfect, but it seems to help a bit. Especially when the clouding is on the top corner. It seems the problem is that the display isn't perfectly straight.

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Thanks for all your help but I've decided to cut my losses and get a refund,unfortunately they no longer stock my model so I shall have to look elsewhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike-J-N

I wish you well in whatever your future purchase is. 

Cheers