Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305 - iPlayer not working

profile.country.GB.title
StudioTW

Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305 - iPlayer not working

Hi,

I have a brand new Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305 Android TV & are experiencing issues with the BBC iPlayer App: The app loads & shows the available content (I have successfully connected the TV to my BT broadband router) - however when I select a programme to watch I get a spinning wheel for several minutes followed by an error message ("02110 - Something went wrong playing this programme").

I've noticed that there are loads of other users experiencing this problem - does anyone have a comprehensive checklist of actions to take to solve this issue, or does iPlayer simply not run on an Android TV?

Any help or assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks for your time.

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
StudioTW

I have spent a very frustrating day trying to fix the issue with iPlayer - following suggestions from others in this forum. So far I have tried:

• Resetting to factory settings

• Restarting my router when the television is off

• Changing the IP address from DHCP to Static

None of which has worked. Are there any other things I should try before I return the TV & purchase a different brand?

I'm pretty shocked by the fact that the Android system comes bundled with BBC iPlayer / 4OD etc but do not work with them - especially considering the number of other Sony Bravia owners who have experienced the same problem - pretty unacceptable in my opinion.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

It’s most likely the BT router parental controls or smart hub setup Trying disabling to rule out. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Access-blocked-message/td-p/1795114

profile.country.GB.title
StudioTW

Thanks for the reply.

I have just checked the parental controls / smart hub set up on my router & neither are active.

Any other ideas? 

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Have you a different router? Also try a factory reset of the router as well.

profile.country.GB.title
StudioTW

No, I do not have a different router (my current router works perfectly with a number of other devices - including a Mac, Macbook & iPhone - all of which run the iPlayer well).

I have reset my router to the factory settings & tested it with the iPlayer on the Bravia: I am still getting the same issue.

Any further ideas?

Very surprised it's as difficult as this to make a feature that is a key selling point of the product to work!

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Have you got the latest firmware? Go to the Sony website and check there as over the air updates can be delayed.

profile.country.GB.title
StudioTW

Yes - the TV is less than three days old.

I have checked for a system software update & this is up to date.

If there is an additional update I can search for (this seems pretty complicated if I can’t do it actually on the TV) - can you please supply a link?

profile.country.GB.title
StudioTW

Thanks again for the suggestion.

I have just checked the link & the version of the software on the TV & it is fully up to date already.

Do you have any other suggestions?