Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia to Sony Soundbar & Woofer lag in sound

samuelmee
New

Sony Bravia to Sony Soundbar & Woofer lag in sound

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. The key issue is: sound is delayed by about .5 of a second between the visual display on my new Sony television and the audio output of my new Sony home cinema system.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40WE660 and to go with it I bought a Sony soundbar & woofer, the HT-CT290.

I bought Sony explicitly because of the quality and because I believed a Sony TV and home cinema system would be easier to synchronise.

The soundbar was originally linked and synched using a HDMI cable. However we had to stop using this becuse a device linked and synched to a new Sony Bravia causes the television's software to go haywire (!), preventing use of the 'home' button on the remote.

Instead the soundbar is now linked to the television using an optical cable. The soundbar is not synched, an optical cable will not allow for this.

I am at a loss to find out how to align the TV's visual output and sound via the soundbar and remove this 0.5 second lag, any help would be gratefully received.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @samuelmee and welcome to the community,

Have you tried adjusting the Audio delay in the settings menu of your TV, to see if that helps?

Cheers,

Cass