Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Video playing issue

profile.country.GB.title
markothebest
New

Sony Bravia Video playing issue

Hi

I have a sony bravia android tv, which recently stopped playing films. The films are from a pendriwe and i donloaded them from my computer. When i wanna start a film the TV just freezes than it shuts down and than it reboots itself. I tried it several times but its the same. Do you have any solutions for this problem?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Markofthebest,

Welcome to the community. Can you tell us the model no. of your TV so we can help you further?

Thanks,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
markothebest
New

Hi,

It's a Sony Bravia KD-55XD8005.

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

Great progress/support after asking for the tv model....

:thumbsup:

Sony 65XF9005 - Sony STR-DN1070 - Apple TV 4K [Früher: Sony KD-55XD8005 - Sony KD-55XE8505 - Sony KD-55XF9005 - Samsung 55NU8009]

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Mark,

Please see here for supported files and formats for using USB devices on your TV.

It may also be worth performing a reset on your TV.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@mpiet1

It’s a powerful validating tactic.

While there are almost no problems that don’t potentially occur across every Sony Android TV, except maybe some 2K/4K issues, and some year-on-year differences, I have too often, in other Communities, given a detailed answer to someone new to the forum, only to discover that they are just a drive-by poster that you never hear from again - no thanks, no follow-ups - and you never know if your efforts were wasted or not.

So asking someone who hasn’t given a model number to give one isn’t just seeking more information, it’s also checking that they are staying in touch before investing effort in helping them.

As has successfully now happened here.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking