Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Den1947
Explorer

Soundbar

I have just bought a KD -49XE8396 television....I am delighted with the purchase except that the sound quality is a little "tinny"..... can you recommend a decent soundbar at a reasonable cost ?As I am fairly naive in these matters can you also please tell me about the installation .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Den1947
Explorer

Thank you ...I will discuss the Yamaha with my dealers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I made the same question few months ago and eventually I decided to buy an amplifier with 5.1 channels. And that is the best option, as many people in avforums say: virtual surround can never replace the physical channels. So if you don't mind a couple of wires in the floor you may consider one yourself.

If I bought a soundbar I was inclined to buy the Yamaha YAS 207. It has its own subwoofer, HDMI IN and OUT (with 4K HDR passthrough), HDMI ARC, and DTS Virtual:X (which, as said above  isn't perfect but many people say to enjoy the difference when enabled). It wasn't exactly cheap, but it was months ago and then it depends on the Country (in UK there usually are better offers than here in Italy).

Otherwise Sony has some good soundbars for various budgets. Just be sure to get one with HDMI ARC. And the space below the TV, because the one I wanted (forgot its model) was waaay too long.

profile.country.GB.title
Den1947
Explorer

Thank you ...I will discuss the Yamaha with my dealers.