Join now - be part of our community!

Static noise (hum) and ground loop from KD-55AG8

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

Static noise (hum) and ground loop from KD-55AG8

Six months ago I bought KD-55AG8 everything seemed fine, few weeks ago I bought KEF LSX speakers to connect with my TV and I instantly faced few problems:

1. My first problem is ground loop / noise  from AUX cord connected to headphones output – It is very loud. First thing I bought another AUX cable – no luck, then I connected different audio source to speakers and everything was Good. I was using different sockets to speakers / tv / apple tv, so I bought power strip and connected everything there – no luck. So I ordered ground loop isolator for a test and moved to optical.

2. While optical performed much better than AUX I still hear quiet noise/hum coming from speakers while connected to TV, not only that, I'm hearing crackling/popping sounds from speakers while TV is OFF and speakers are set to Optical input. I've tried to clean optical cable, bought a new one – no luck.

I've tried all settings in my TV and speakers, tried random cables, tried connected everything to power strip – no luck.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Community. Hopefully our other forum members will be able to help out with this. In the meantime you can also contact Sony's technical support team for advice. You'll find a contact form here