Join now - be part of our community!

The Most Shocking Customer Service I Have Experienced - 75XD9405

profile.country.GB.title
Snaeem155
Explorer

The Most Shocking Customer Service I Have Experienced - 75XD9405

Bought the TV on the 17th of Dec 2016 with a 5 year warranty and within a week I started getting issues.

Frequent restarts that happen randomly, juddering on certain sources including built in tv apps, artifacting on the display and horrific lag (guess the last part is an android issue).

Contacted Sony at the highest level - CEO team and had someone dealing with my case.

An engineer came to investigate and said its a faulty mainboard and possibly a faulty screen.

Sony responded with that the retailer will refund the TV as they cannot source a replacement neither can Sony.

Problem is I don't want a refund as I love the tv bar the issues. Sony said I can purchase it from somewhere else where the tv is retailing for £4,000.

I paid £3,699 as I traded in my old set.

Sony said they will as a goodwill gesture contribute £200 - meaning I have to pay an extra £100. Also Sony booked in the collection of the set without consulting me so I had to cancel it myself as that would have left me without a tv.

Purchasing an equivalent set from another manufacturer is another £1,500-2,000.

The 5 year warranty clearly states "repair or replacement and if it cannot be replace then a set of a similar spec". If after 30 days I cant get any help within the confines of what the warranty outlays what good is a 5 year warranty????

This whole experience has been utterly shocking and the lack of ownership of the issue or providing a resolution for a customer has been laughable.

I am literally on the verge of pursuing legal action as this isn't on.

Yes there are good sets out there made by Sony but A LOT of people have had issues with 2016 models.

They have lost a lifelong customer in me.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Is the 5 year warranty from Sony?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Snaeem155
Explorer

Yes.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Get the refund, plus your old set back if you want it.

If they have junked it by now, it is reasonable for you to ask for however much they discounted the Sony by as a result of the trade-in.

Take Sony's £200.

That's £3,899 (plus?)

Then go here, and get it for £3,770, with that same Sony 5 year warranty (for whatever little that is worth).

You will be £129 up on the deal, though, plus either a further unspecified sum, or an old TV to use if the new one ever has to go back for repairs,

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking