profile.country.US.title
flavius75
Explorer

TV Sony KD-49XF9005 cannot connect anymore wifi 5ghz

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.US.title
flavius75
Explorer

The tv was connect to wifi 5ghz, everything was ok. suddenly, it is impossible to connect anymore to wifi 5g. Reset router, reset tv, wifi direct disabled, ipv6 disabled. working only wifi 2.4g. the wifi 5g is ok, another tv, phone, laptop work proper in wifi 5g.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @flavius75,

I recommend you try restarting the TV when you encounter the problem. You can find instructions on how to properly power cycle your TV (soft reset) on this article.

Also note that generally it is better to leave the 5.0 GHz Channel setting on the TV to Auto, unless you are having difficulties. Then of course set a predefined manual channel number.

Cheers,

Dutchice

Edited: The option for setting a manual channel for the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz band is only provided for Wi-Fi Direct connections to the TV.

profile.country.US.title
flavius75
Explorer

hello again,

-performed this reset: no effect

-changed router of internet and cable provider: the tv works ok on 5Ghz only two days

profile.country.US.title
flavius75
Explorer

5.0 GHz Channel setting: tried auto, manual: no effect

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @flavius75,

Both your TV and router must be set manually to the same 5.0 GHz channel. Most often routers are set by default to auto select channels. This causes them to hop from channel to channel. Which is in theory desirable when encountering interference from other routers in the neighbourhood, but in situations like yours, might cause problems.

I recommend you invest in a pair of basic Powerline adapters. Any option with at least 200 mbps of data speed should be enough for your TV.

Cheers,

Dutchice

Edited: The option for setting a manual channel for the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz band is only provided for Wi-Fi Direct connections to the TV.

profile.country.US.title
flavius75
Explorer

Thank you for your reply,

How set the tv on manual channel for 5G? I dont see yet any option for this thing

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If with a new Router and Provider the connection is maintained for at least 2 days you could try to change the Wi-Fi Channel by choosing a less crowded one...

Manolo

profile.country.US.title
flavius75
Explorer

I already tried this variant with manual channel (use wifi analyser)

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @flavius75,

The option for setting a manual channel for the 5.0GHz band is only provided for Wi-Fi Direct connections to the TV. Wi-Fi Direct connections are used for content sharing or screen mirroring purposes only. So my apologies for suggesting you could set that manually for your TV wireless connection. I have corrected my previous post already.

If using the wireless connection of your TV is proving not to be reliable, there is only one silver bullet remedy for it; and that is as I suggested earlier to invest in a pair of basic Powerline adapters. Any option with at least 200 mbps of data speed should be enough for your TV.

Cheers,

Dutchice