Join now - be part of our community!

USB problem

profile.country.GB.title
mackh20
Explorer

USB problem

hi, im quite new to this so... i registered my usb to the tv to try recording and that is ok. than wanted to get it back as a usb with formating it on my pc but the pc dosnt find it at all, why is that, how can i get my usb back? (before the registering on the tv it was working fine)

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

dunno about windows, but you can format it on any linux, even on live USB. Or just with live gparted.

profile.country.GB.title
mackh20
Explorer

@kinggo01  how does that work?

@Marino.Manolo  dosent show the usb in the upper part in disc management it shows only in the lower part but cant do anything there

My laptop doesnt see the usb, it gives the sound like normal when i connect the usb but there is no action pop up menu and there is no usb icon in my compurer

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you see at link?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Your USB is the unknow partition.

profile.country.GB.title
mackh20
Explorer

in the red zone the usb is not shown and cant take any action, it only shows in the blue zone but there cant be taken any actionUntitled.png

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

No volume appears at all, strange so hear the sound on connection, at this point you should try with another Computer...

profile.country.GB.title
mackh20
Explorer

MADE IT SOMEHOW! :grin: after all it allows you to manage enough stuff in the blue zone, first to delete the partition made from the tv that the pc didnt read and show than to create (with formating) new partition and it works fine now. l put some stuff on and tryed it on another pc, and, the other pc also reads the usb fine with the stuff on it. THANKS A LOT ! :grin:

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@mackh20 wrote:

@kinggo01  how does that work?

glad you sorted that out on win.....

And gparted......download, create bootable USB drive with gparted on it and than boot from it instead from your hard drive. The rest is very similar to what you have on windows but since it runs without any OS than you can do a lot more things with all the drives.