Join now - be part of our community!

Video & TV Sideview - scrollbar in trackpad not working

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Video & TV Sideview - scrollbar in trackpad not working

Am I the only one having big issues using the scrollbar in the trackpad section? First of all I managed to scroll the page fine just inside an app (X-plore), but this only using the top 1/4-1/5 of the scrollbar. Then trying to use it (with an XD80 49"/Android 6.0.1) in Home the icons get all messed up, showing stuff like this:

2017-01-21 19.56.54.jpg

If you wonder what the problem is please notice that the two sections "Featured apps" and "Apps" are merged together. Sometime the icons even overlap. I have had tis issue since when I bought the television, making the trackpad in the app nearly useless.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just tried the same (XD83/Android 6.0) with the latest app on a rather old Samsunge ACE 4 and it works fine without any "messing up" of the icons.... which smartphone are you using? Should be the only variant...

BTW I guess you don't like too much the italian forum  :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Eh.. I have a Sony Xperia  X Compact with Android 7.0 Nougat. And it was the same when I had just bought the tv, with my Xperia XC still on Android 6.0.1. All Sony stuff and it is a mess (actually I didn't try with my old Xperia M2 with Lollipop 5.1.1, though. I'll do it later). 

Please let me understand, can you scroll fine with the scroll bar? 

PS: yup, you guessed right. And I guess you understood the reason too!! :laughing:

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Maybe I din't understood which remote you have been trying. You have actually 3 choices: classic remote, trackpad and mouse emulator... I've tried the trackpad one, were you referring to it or to the slide tool on the mouse emulator?

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Same identical disaster with the Xperia M2/Android 5.1.1. To be clear I am talking about the the scroll bar to the right of the touchpad (ok, the one that I see now you call "mouse emulator".

Everything else works fine. A bit too many disconnections apart, sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Is this the scroll bar you are referring to:

Sideview - Scroll Bar.JPG

I have just tried it on the "Home Screen" on the TV and to be honest its very very very tempermental, to the point of a waste of time :slight_smile:

If you can confirm, ill report it to Sony.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I confirm too that the scroll bar is messing up also on my setup. Cannot say if it is something related to the app or the tv. I have to say that even if it was working right it is rather unusable.... 
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Anonymous Yes, that's the one. Although I don't understand why @rooobb says it would be useless. I mean, I would like much more a two finger scrolling (vertical AND horizontal), but if that one was working it would do part of the job. Because it is impossible just with the pointer to scroll a page. I must switch to the "trackpad" and even that is a bit annoying since it only uses the two cartesian coordinates (either X or Y. No diagonals. But yes, that one works).

To me actualy is quite unusable the trackpad (X/Y) indeed. I want to point and click.I don't know, once I sent to the devs an email about another issue and they actually responded. I might try myself as well.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I meant it is useless just because even if it doesn't mess up everything the sensibility of the scrollbar is too high for me and it is not easy to scroll the video to the right point.... 
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@rooobb wrote:
I meant it is useless just because even if it doesn't mess up everything the sensibility of the scrollbar is too high for me and it is not easy to scroll the video to the right point.... 

Ahh.. No, that's part of the problem indeed. The sensitivity is out of place. Or better, in some cases (like Google Home) it's simply broken. There are at least two bugs here. Sensitivity and Icons getting messed up (this one could be a bug of Google Home, though).

But again, about the sensitivity, if you download X-plore (it's on the tv Google Play, so it's supported), you'll see that you can scroll only using the top quarter of the scrollbar.

Anyway, I sent an email to the devs, referring this thread. Hopefully they will fix it (and add Bluetooth connectivity as I requested in the email. I am tired of disconnections). In that case this would become the best remote control for Android TV. I tried the few that do not require a server, they are useless. The one from Google is nice, but it is far too limited. Especially the touchpad.