Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube error popups every 5 mins

profile.country.GR.title
Labros7545
Explorer

Youtube error popups every 5 mins

I have the kd-43xd8305.Today every 5 to 15 mins an error popup msg appears about youtube.The youtube has to force-close and gives me tgd option to send a report to google.

Also I noticed on the home screen no more youtube suggestions video appear.

I cant watch tv cause of the popups, its very frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4

Exactly the same problem on my new KD-49XE8005. Massively annoying. Initial indication is that I have overcome this issue by removing Google's 2-step verification on my Google account. Whenever the Sony set up requested verification, it was incapable of completing the 2nd step of the verification process. I tried the phone option, the email option, the pre-assigned 8 digit codes option and none of these worked on the TV. Perhaps the Sony folk can offer an explanation. Why the error popups? Why the inability to execute the 2-step verification. Why does the act of removing the 2-step verication seem to overcome the issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
raydavies5551
New

Today I cannot access YouTube, when I try I get a 400 error. Since the latest software upgrade to my Sony KDL-40WE663 TV (v8. 233-1000-1.120-02) has become slow and unresponsive. 

zebie101
New

@Labros7545wrote:

I have the kd-43xd8305.Today every 5 to 15 mins an error popup msg appears about youtube.The youtube has to force-close and gives me tgd option to send a report to google.

Also I noticed on the home screen no more youtube suggestions video appear.

I cant watch tv cause of the popups, its very frustrating.

I have the same problem as you on my KD65ZD9 get a popup message every few minutes saying "YouTube has stopped".It started happening yesterday, I have done a factory reset,restarted TV and cleared the youtube apps cashe and still happens. Straight thing is it happened once when I was in the YouTube app playing a video I pressed OK and the popup went away but YouTube did not close and it resumed playing the video. If anyone figures a fix please let me know

profile.country.GR.title
Labros7545
Explorer

Come on guys.No info at all?I am getting spam popups all the time about the youtube app.At least give us a temporally solution.