Join now - be part of our community!

YouView - why no availability to mark reminders to view later programs

profile.country.GB.title
Boydfield
Explorer

YouView - why no availability to mark reminders to view later programs

Have recently purchased a Sony Bravia, very nice but has limitations. The “Youview” television programme guide has no timer provision therefore; you cannot set programme reminders for later programme viewing. Contacted Youview and they advised the omission of this provision was agreed with Sony and therefore not available. I would have reconsidered the purchase if I was aware of this at the time and would have thought with a smart tv that this provision, which is available on the majority on not so smart basic tv’s and would have been a basic provision included in the set up. Can Sony advise if this is going to be provided in an update, if so when.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community

Can you give me the full model details for your TV?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Boydfield
Explorer

Hi Sean

The tv is a Sony Bravia KD-XF7596 android.Checked with both Youview and Sony; appears the the function was omitted with the agreement of Sony and they do no appear to be interested in get this function available to customers via an up date which is extremely disappointing considering Sony standing and supposed top ranking in smart TVs. I mistakenly assumed that such a basic function would be available on this expensive tv and would certainly have reconsidered this very recent purchase. Disappointing. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Boydfield, 

Thanks for getting back to us. We'll look into this further and update you when we can.

Best wishes,

Ed