Join now - be part of our community!

I got problem while updating Android 4.2.2 16.0.B.2.13 firmware using PC Companion

SOLVED
hemanths94
Visitor

I got problem while updating Android 4.2.2 16.0.B.2.13 firmware using PC Companion

I got problem while updating Android 4.2.2 16.0.B.2.13 firmware using PC Companion  and then my phone is not working.Now it just show the sony text  on screen and it doesn't turn off or turn on Slightly_frowning_Face :'( .please someone help what to do now?? 

Tags (2)
21 REPLIES 21
_V_
Visitor

I am getting the same problem, the phone is not turning off and only SONY text is showing on the screen, plz help guys Slightly_frowning_Face

_V_
Visitor

I have d/l and installed the Update Service but the very first point it says 'Turn Off the phone and wait for 30 seconds'. Now when my phone is totally hanged and showing only the SONY text how can turn off the phone? I tried resetting phone by pressing the reset button located at the back of of the phone but it only restart the phone i.e. screen goes blank when i press the reset button but as soon as i leave the button the SONY text comes back and nothing happens anymore. I am totally screwed up Slightly_frowning_Face Please help

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

If you press that button,it should force the phone to shutdown.If you cannot manage to do that,stop by a sony service.

alexdon
HardCharger
Visitor

I'm having the same issue only I use a Mac instead of a PC. I cannot update from the phone as it keeps telling me to use a PC. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Download bridge for MAC.

alexdon
HardCharger
Visitor

I already have bridge for Mac but there is no opton there for updating the phone which really frustrates me. Well none that I can see anyway. When I go to preferences to update, it just says that bridge is updated. If there is an option to update the phone, it is not obvious from the options provided.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

_V_
Visitor

Thanks for d reply buddy, but that didn't helped. So I tried this method: I pressed the switch off button & volume up button together for 10 seconds and it worked! Phone has switched off nicely. I then used the update service and all is done. Now my Xperia C is working perfectly, I m very happy 🙂
khus123
Visitor

my sony xperia c phone has stuck at sony text... it is not turning off and turning on...hat to do to make it work properlly again...

i m so worried.... how can i use PC Companion or update service because both need phone connectivity... which is not possible because phone has stuck... please help me... how to fix it

i have tried volume up + power button and volume down button method too...

rubik777
Visitor

"  my sony xperia c phone has stuck at sony text... it is not turning off and turning on...hat to do to make it work properlly again...

i m so worried.... how can i use PC Companion or update service because both need phone connectivity... which is not possible because phone has stuck... please help me... how to fix it

i have tried volume up + power button and volume down button method too...  "

SAME HERE !!! What I'm supposed to do now??? Bring it for repair and stay 15 days without phone? All data will be lost? And this because I wanted to go for official update trough official PC Companion ?

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

And now this !!!

"Update Service support has ended

As from 21st July 2014, the Update Service application is no longer supported. To update the software in your device, use PC Companion instead."

HELP !!! Waiting for reply !

jalu
Visitor

I followed the steps. Bt still pc companion is not detecting my phone Slightly_frowning_Face