Join now - be part of our community!

Using radio mics with Camcorder Camcorder HXR-MC2500

profile.country.GB.title
davidtevans
Explorer

Using radio mics with Camcorder Camcorder HXR-MC2500

Hi Everyone, I've just bought a Sony Camcorder, as above.  There's a plug-in mic, but on a very short lead. What's the best type of long lead mic to use, e.g. if the camera was a distance away from the subject and a mic inbetween interviewer and respondent?

Also, Will this Camcorder take radio mics, such as the Fifine 20-Chanel UHF Wireless Lavalier Lapel Microhone System with Body Backpack transmitter?

One last question ... with such a mic, which appears to be 1 mic with one body pack and transmitter: could I use 2 mics / body packs via one transmitter into this Sony Camcorder?

Thanks,

David

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @davidtevans,

if I see it correctly in the manual (please correct me if I'm wrong), the included microphone uses a normal 3.5mm stereo audio jack and is removable.

In case it is a 3.5mm audio jack and it is removable that means you can use any other microphone you want which has the same connector.

I personally use the "RODE filmmaker kit" as wireless lavalier microphone.

Together with this adapter and a second filmmaker kit (the receiver only supports one microphone at a time) you could record one person on the left stereo track and one on the right track.

Later in your editing program (I use Magix Video Pro X) you can copy the audio track and extend each channel to both tracks.

The wireless mic-system you linked wouldn't work, since it uses a 6.3mm audio jack and according to the amazon page it is not compatible if you adapt it down to 3.5mm.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
davidtevans
Explorer

This is so kind of you, thank Nic.  I am a total novice at all of this :slight_smile: That is really kind of you to take your time and explian this to me.  I will look in to this, as you suggest.

Every good wish

David

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hallo @davidtevans,

you are very welcome.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
davidtevans
Explorer

Hi Nic, it's me again :slight_smile: Do you think this Microphone set (as it has 2 mics / body packs with one portable receiver) will work with the HXR-MC2500 Sony Camcorder?  My budget is limited at the moment.  Thanks and best wishes, David

Movo WMIC80 UHF Wireless Lavalier Microphone System with 2 Bodypack Transmitters, Portable Receiver, 2 Lav Mics, Shoe Mount for DSLR Cameras 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01L84HZOK/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @davidtevans,

from what I can tell the linked microphones and receiver should work with your camera.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
davidtevans
Explorer

Oh, that's so ind of you.  Thanks Nic.

Every good wish, from a cold and wet London.

David

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@davidtevans@  wrote:

Oh, that's so kind of you.  Thanks Nic.

You're very welcome :wink: