Join now - be part of our community!

Setting our focus on the new Sony G Master lenses

jaylward
2,293  Views

Author: Sony Europe
lens close up resized.jpg

For serious photographers, a good lens is just as important as the camera itself. It can change the tone of a shot, alter your perspective of a scene and challenge you to take photos in new and adventurous ways.

Our G Master range aims to raise the standard of camera lenses across the board through ambitious creativity and state-of-the-art technologies, and there are three models that have been recently announced – the FE 85mm F1.4 GM, the FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM and the FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS. They’re three very different lenses, but each has been crafted to the very highest quality.

“Back in 2013 when we launched the α7 series, we assembled a lineup prioritising F4 zoom lenses and relatively small prime lenses based on the concept of small size and high performance,” says Akira Shiraishi, head of Product Planning for the G Master range. “Against this backdrop, we heard from a lot of customers demanding F2.8 zoom lenses and F1.4 prime lenses.”

Using all kinds of innovative technologies, including XA (extreme aspherical) lens elements that help to deliver beautiful bokeh and high resolution, these new G Master lenses are not only some of the best on the market, but they also anticipate the evolution of future camera technology, and are sure to remain relevant for years to come.

G Master lens exploded view resized.jpg

Masonori Kishi, Deputy General Manager of Sony’s Lens Mechanical Design Department, is keen to emphasise the importance of these new lenses. “I believe we’ve created lenses I can truly recommend with confidence, so it will make me happy to see people actually use these lenses and have fun taking pictures with them. I hope people will enjoy the unprecedented fusion of high resolution and beautiful bokeh that this new G Master series delivers.”

For an in-depth exploration of each of the new G Master lenses and the technologies they’ve incorporated, make sure to read our exclusive in-depth feature with Akira Shiraishi and Masonori Kishi by clicking below.

hear more.jpg

blogid0125