Join now - be part of our community!

PDF Problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
Dublevay
Visitor

PDF Problems

Hi,

After a couple of years of thinking about getting an eReader, I finally plumped for the PRS-650 last night.

One of the main reasons I wanted this device was to have many work-related PDF documents in the one place. I have copied across my main ones, and although one of them functions perfectly, I'm afraid I have a few issues with the others.

Firstly, any of the four PDFs from here: http://www.emvco.com/specifications.aspx?id=155

Although these render correctly, if I try to navigate them using OPTIONS > Go To > Table of Contents, then I find that although I can navigate through headings and subheadings, when I finally reach the lowest level, it always points back to Page 1. Using Adobe Reader on my PC, the regular Table of Contents works properly - but on the eReader, that Table of Contents is devoid of any functionality.

Secondly, I have another PDF, not publicly available unfortunately, that works fine using Adobe Reader, but simply displays "Invalid Page!" when I try to open it.

Please help! :thinking:

JW

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Dublevay
Visitor

Well, it seems that I am able to view the "Invalid Page" PDF by running it through some conversion software, and making it into a PDF-A document. Not ideal - but a means to an end. Now all I need to do is find a truly free PDF-A converter that works. The one which worked for me was a trial, and splatted text across every page, and a free converter didn't work! :slight_frown:

profile.country.de_DE.title
schneidermic
Visitor

Hi,

I had the same issue on my device.

I guess the PDF-handling is much more better than on the 600 or any similar ereader.

What I see is, that professional PDF-ebooks work very fine, scanned PDFs by myself do not work very propper.

So currently I have to live with this.

Kind regards

Michael