Join now - be part of our community!

can't register my laptop!

SOLVED
dumb-user
Explorer

can't register my laptop!

Tried to register my VGN-NM24S but this number is not listed and even if I enter it directly the personal detail boxes are then blocked so can't complete the registration.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

hi dumb-user,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Have you checked that you have the correct Model number, the guide below should help..

image.jpg

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Evening Thal,

I seem to remember seeing this before on models way outside the Sony warranty period.

This model was sold in early 2010 and any warranty cover would have finished a year later in 2011. I guess Sony's view is that registration is mainly for warranty purposes so it is no longer listed on the registration web page.

As you say, try contacting Sony Support - I believe in the past they have manually registered ownership if you contact them about it..

:thinking:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

hi dumb-user,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Have you checked that you have the correct Model number, the guide below should help..

image.jpg

dumb-user
Explorer

Thanks for reply - but the model number is quite clear on bottom right of display frame and is listed in the Sony support pages (I may be dumb but not that dumb!)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,
I can see a VGN-NW24S but not a VGN-NM24S, could you provide a link to the Sony support site where you found it listed please.?
dumb-user
Explorer

Hi,
Don't understand your reply, you just duplicated the number I gave. Link is
www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-NW24S but this model number does not
appear on the https://www.sony.co.uk/mysony/product/register page and, as I
said before, entering it in the box doesn't work either because access to
the remaining fields on that page is denied
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@dumb-user wrote:
Hi,
Don't understand your reply, you just duplicated the number I gave.

Hi,

yes I mistyped the second model number in my reply but I'm guessing you only read the community email so didn't see the corrected reply on the forum..

@dumb-user wrote:
Tried to register my VGN-NM24S but this number is not listed and even if I enter it directly the personal detail boxes are then blocked so can't complete the registration.

So your actual model number is VGN-NW24S & not a NM24S as stated in your first post.?

I am unsure why this model is not listed but it might be best for you to contact Sony Support to register your Vaio direct..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Evening Thal,

I seem to remember seeing this before on models way outside the Sony warranty period.

This model was sold in early 2010 and any warranty cover would have finished a year later in 2011. I guess Sony's view is that registration is mainly for warranty purposes so it is no longer listed on the registration web page.

As you say, try contacting Sony Support - I believe in the past they have manually registered ownership if you contact them about it..

:thinking:

dumb-user
Explorer

Hi,

Yes, did type number wrong in original message, sorry! - it is VGN-NW24S.did register it with Sony when 1st bought but thought it might also be useful to register with the community. Looks like the end of the road with this query - thanks all.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@dumb-user wrote:

Hi,

Yes, did type number wrong in original message, sorry! - it is VGN-NW24S.

There is no need to apologise it's an easy mistake to make..:smileywink:

If you have already registered your Vaio & if you are using the same email address then your product history should already be linked to your community profile..

To check this click on your profile name (top right of the web page) then click on Account information..

Once the Sony account page opens click My products under My Sony in the left hand side column & you should see your Vaio model listed & any other Sony products you have registered..

dumb-user
Explorer

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks but that didn't work either, probably because when I first registered I was using a yahoo.co.uk address. Anyway I guess it doesn't really matter because I can still access all the information on it via the sony/support/... site, where the number is listed