Join now - be part of our community!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year!

:slight_smile:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Hope you had a good one :slight_smile:   Get anything nice?

profile.country.en_GB.title
mahrud
Visitor

Hi

I've seen one or two of your replies and wondered whether you might be able to help me. I contacted Sony because of a problem that I'm having with my wireless keyboard and mouse and got their default "full recovery" response which, after looking at the instructions that they provided, isn't possible if you don't have a keyboard and a mouse !

Here's the problem that I sent them ..... What do you think ?

I have been using my Sony Vaio (VPCL2 Series) successfully since purchasing it in July and have been extremely satisfied with it. This morning I switched it on as usual and found that the keyboard and mouse were not active.Fortunately the computer has a touch screen and I was able to logon

I checked on the Devices and Printers and noticed that a number of devices did not appear, including an external hard drive. There was a warning icon showing against the main computer icon so I followed the instruction to Troubleshoot the problem.

The troubleshooter found 2 problems:
"There is a problem with the Renasas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller" and

"There is a problem with the Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller -IC26"

In both cases it advised that "Reinstalling the driver might fix the problem". I clicked the link to reinstall the drivers and they were both reinstalled successfully.

After doing this the keyboard and the mouse started working again and external hard drive connected via USB also became available.

I rebooted the PC after applying all available Vaio and Microsoft updates. The problem came back and I had to use the same process again. I have since rebooted again and the problem continues.

Is this a hardware failure ?