Join now - be part of our community!

HDD no longer recognised for Tv recording - no instructions - can anything be done?

maggieg1
Explorer

HDD no longer recognised for Tv recording - no instructions - can anything be done?

Hi

I recently bought my elderly mum a Sony KDL40R483 TV. She does like to record programmes directly from the TV as she goes to bed before most of her favourite programmes start, so I bought her a HDD which is connected via the USB port. It is formatted correctly and has been working fine, but all of a sudden it is no longer recognised by the TV. The only reason I can give is that mum may have inadvertantly pressed a ' software update' button. Could this have affected it - and if so does anyone know how to get the HDD 'recognised' again? I have tried turning off/unplugging the device to no avail. The 'set up' access for 'recording' does not respond either. When you access the 'error' list through the 'recordings' there is about 6 programmes tht she has tried to record that cannot be erased. it's a real problem for my mum as she relies on this recording more than for watching the normal TV. If anyone could help at all it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks

0 REPLIES 0