Join now - be part of our community!

Is there a complaints department contact?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
glazierm
Visitor

Is there a complaints department contact?

I was injured in a sony store and would like to speak to a member of Sony's complaints, however I do not appear to be able to find a contact number/email address. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mikael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi techiefromsneckie.

You can try the email address: -

customersupport.en@vaio-link.com

However, I think you are going to need the correct Serial Number which can be found on the bottom of the Vaio: -

Alternatively, the Serial Number will be shown in Control Panel -> Vaio Control Center -> System Information.

Is the Vaio registered to your friend's son?  If so, I guess they will want to speak to him.  I do hope the Serial Number is not invalid because it is over 4 years old.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mikael and welcome.

I don't know if you are aware that all Sony Centres in the UK are franchises and are not owned by Sony.

Your complaint should be made to the company that runs the franchise as they are all independent companies.

I assume from your profile that you are in the UK so if you need further clarification you can write to Sony UK at The Heights, Weybridge.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi techiefromsneckie and welcome.

Are you phoning during office hours - Monday to Friday 0900 to 1800?  The Out-Of-Warranty line 0905 0310006 should get you to a person.  Those are the only Support numbers I have.

To answer your question, Sony will repair a fault caused by the nVidia problem if you meet BOTH the following criteria: -

1. You have one of these models

•    VGN-FZ11x, VGN-FZ18x, VGN-FZ21x, VGN-FZ31x, VGN-FZ38x

•    VGN-AR11x, VGN-AR21x, VGN-AR31x

•    VGN-C1Zx, VGN-C2Zx

•    VGC-LM1xx, VGC-LM2xx

•    VGC-LT1xx, VGC-LT2xx

AND

2. Your Vaio was purchased less than 4 years ago (you may have to provide proof of purchase if you are close to the 4 year deadline).

:thinking:

techiefromsneckie
Visitor

Hi Blencogo (interesting username!) - many thanks for your very prompt reply. Yes, have been trying that number (today) during office hours. It gives me two options - "press 1 if you can enter your  15 digit serial number or press 2 to enter your 7 digit...." (I forget what the 7 digit number was for) number. I entered what I understand to be the 15 digit serial , was told it was invalid and that the call was ended. There was no third option to speak to an operative or similar. Problem is, the laptop is indeed one of those listed and may be very close to 4 years old but the friend's son to whom it belongs is currently distracted by study for his final exams and I cannot get him to check the purchase date. I have a suspicion that, if he leaves it too long, he will find the 4 years has expired. I was rather hoping the support staff might be able to tell from the serial number the date of manufacture, as that might be sufficient to qualify it within the 4 year period. Alternatively, if I can find a human being to talk to, I may at least be able to register the fact that the laptop has been faulty for a period - certainly at least 3 months  to my knowledge and possibly much longer. I was only asked to have a look at it 3 months ago and have been trying since to get the purchase details from the owner, but I understand the problem had existed for a longer period. The owner may be unable to confirm the purchase date for some time yet (ie until his exams are completely finished). However, these points may prove sufficient for Sony to accept it will meet the 4 years deadline despite there being a further delay until formal proof of purchase is produced. That said, while I appreciate Sony wish to implement a cut-off date for their "extended warranty", in fact, as this appears to be a very clear case of a component with an inherent fault which Sony has formally admitted exists, I'm not entirely sure as to the legality of a completely arbitrary 4 year cutoff date. Hopefully the discussion - if I ever get to have one with someone from Sony - will not need to focus on that! So - I suspect you may not be able to offer any further advice than you have already - many thanks for that at least - but if you, or anyone else reading this message,  have any other suggestions, that would be much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi techiefromsneckie.

You can try the email address: -

customersupport.en@vaio-link.com

However, I think you are going to need the correct Serial Number which can be found on the bottom of the Vaio: -

Alternatively, the Serial Number will be shown in Control Panel -> Vaio Control Center -> System Information.

Is the Vaio registered to your friend's son?  If so, I guess they will want to speak to him.  I do hope the Serial Number is not invalid because it is over 4 years old.

Good Luck.

techiefromsneckie
Visitor

Hi Blencogo. Apologies for replying via another query but could not figure out how to raise this most effectively.

Am repairing a friend's Vaio laptop, which has the symptoms of the Nvidia Graphics Card fault admitted by Sony a few years ago. Sony were apparently carrying out repairs at their expense under an extended warranty scheme. Problem is, I can't contact them to check whether this laptop still qualifies under that scheme. The two support numbers I can find on their site each ask me for the machine's serial number. As the graphics problem scrambles the screen image, I am not certain I have accurately identified the serial number in the BIOS screen,and there is no serial number label on the machine.The automated voice on one support phone number (08702 402408) tells me (after I input what I think is thte correct serial) the machine is no longer under warranty and refers me to the other number (0905 0310006) where the automated voice tells me the serial is invalid and ends the call.  I have hunted around for an alternative number - ideally one where I can talk to a human being - or to find an email address, an online chat service from Sony, or even a postal address, but no luck on any of these. I can't progress things without speaking to someone to find out whether this laptop qualifies for repair under the extended warranty scheme. Any suggestions you can offer would be very much appreciated.

techiefromsneckie
Visitor

That's great Blancogo - I shall try the email address. The serial number label is missing from the bottom of the machine and the screen graphics are too scrambled to make out the serial in control panel. The BIOS gives the number and all but two of the digits are clear enough - the other two I have to guess at! Many thanks again.