Join now - be part of our community!

My loss of faith in Sony!

profile.country.en_IE.title
PCSony.ie
Visitor

My loss of faith in Sony!

I have bought Sony stuff for 25 years - TV's, radios, tape decks, music systems, video systems, walkman etc.

Then I bought an NW-A1000 walkman and, lo and behold, the software was dreadful. Sony knew this and withdrew the software but this did not help me.I have never got the thing to work satisfactorly and have not bought another Sony produyct since (2006). I still have it waiting for the day Sony will come clean!

I have switched to other major btands for TV  (two) and I am not looking at Sony for my new music system.

I have lost faith in the company - no customer focus at all.

Whay do you think?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

And you have waited SIX YEARS before saying anything!!!  What suddenly makes you post now?  What examples of Sony Customer Service have you experienced since 2006?

There are loads of software, firmware and driver updates on the support page - have you installed all these?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NW-A1000/updates

:thinking:

profile.country.en_IE.title
PCSony.ie
Visitor

Blencogo,

Thanks for your commentsand for pointing me at the support site.

Yes I have loaded these over the years and they have helped. But with no single workable software set on disk every PC change results in a pile of work to get the player working. Not the Sony I was expecting when I bought the product!

I suppose it's this frustration that has caused this post. Had a PC issue, got a re-image done and now the disk in the box is not up to scratch. :slight_frown:

Thanks