Join now - be part of our community!

PowerPoint Presentations

profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

PowerPoint Presentations

Hiya guys

Yes, it’s hard to believe but I am taking a 9 month break from my Masters, and one of the things on my list of “things to do” is update all my PowerPoint presentations.

I’m sure most of you have either presented using PowerPoint or have at least sat through a PowerPoint presentation, so my question is:

What for you makes a good or bad presentation?  any tips, hints and advice?

I usually present at least a couple of times a week and have different groups that I present to, e. g. in lectures to university students, in meetings with professional colleagues and in communicating information to groups of “lay people".

Much love

Faith x

6 REPLIES 6
kee-lo_

Wha, no replies, you cold people!

I would say not too flashy.  I hate those presentations with clip art, they just make me think they didn't really look at their whole presentation and just wanted to quickly wisk by.  I would say use a decent font too, some people are colour blind or just can't see small fonts.  Remember your audience might be sitting quite far away too.  I would say also don't clutter your slides and keep it clean and easy to read.

Remember if you have sounds, make them "readable", and subtitle videos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me personally, I hate it when the person litterally reads word for word from the presentation screen :slight_smile:  I can do that myself in a few minutes without having to sit though 30 mins/1hr/2hrs etc.

Large fonts - and none of the fancy "running writing" fonts either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORxFwBR4smE

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Although Faith has probably given her presentations (judging by the date she posted this),

I found this site that has a couple of pointers for anyone in need of help.

It has a couple of links to Microsoft too for some extra PowerPoint Templates

:slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw 14 on the date, didnt see the 01 !!!!  Thinking its today, Its kee-lo's fault !

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Haha :laughing:

Mind you its always handy to have posts about how the heck to work PowerPoint.

holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

kee-lo_

Well, I used to be known for causing comotions round here, just ask Nico, I bet he's sceptical why I am here :slight_smile: