Join now - be part of our community!

Suggestion - SEN Status

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestion - SEN Status

Hey all

With more and more internet connected devices (such as TV's, Blu-ray Players etc), it might be time to have an Automated Service Status page connected to these forums. Working like a traffic light system for SEN and connected services, such as YouTube, Netflix, LoveFilm, iPlayer and everything else like that.  I say automated because, to remove the human being out of the equation as much as possible (espcially out of normal hours) - directly linked to the relevent companies network status.

This would assist people in resolving their issues.  For example, if LoveFilm is not working a quick check on the status via these forums, would indicate a fault (red light=down).  This would ensure that people not waste time in rebooting routers/factory resets etc etc.

What are your thoughts about this?

Just my 2p anyhow.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

there is a basic SEN service status site but I can't recall ever seeing any info regarding system down, etc..:smileyconfused:

However there is an option to send SEN feedback or email questions via contact us so might be worth copying the above there..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Thalamus

I also have that link bookmarked - but its next to useless to put it bluntly.  But you are right, might be good to send a little feedback and hopefully get it developed further.

Cheers

Annes123
Explorer

We find SEN to be the most annoying thing, one minute you get all the apps, then you try to watch a film and its not available or you try to watch something on Iplayer and it takes for ever as it keeps stopping.  We paid a lot for our TV and it doesnt work half of the time!  Very very disappointing.

groupama3

I think it's a great idea, seeing as there are so many different types of connected devices that use SEN it's crazy not to have a live status page somewhere!