Join now - be part of our community!

Trinitron KD-28DX40U

profile.country.GB.title
tandemrider2907
New

Trinitron KD-28DX40U

I tried putting in the TV section but there's no line for the older Trinitron TV sets ......... so here goes

My old 28 inch digital Trinitron has stopped working after the digital switchover !  Anybody got any ideas.

It still works when I run it through my Sony DVD recorder, but now I can't record whilst watching a different programme and it shows no signal when run as a standalone TV.

Its a digital TV for heaven's sake - and I know its about 10 years old, but it still gives an excellent picture and I don't want to throw it away.

Help.

Thks in advance for any useful advice.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tandemrider290,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Have you tried re tuning your KD-28DX40U since the digital switchover.?

See page 5 of the KD-28DX40U manual for instructions on How to if you are not sure..

If after doing a retune you still fail to locate any freeview channels it could be that your current aerial need changing..

profile.country.GB.title
tandemrider2907
New

Thanks for your response.

Yes I have tried re-tuning - twice - and still nothing. I have a Sony DVD recorder connected to the same aerial and this has retuned absolutely fine, as have two other TV's that are run through set-top boxes, so it is only the Sony Trinitron that won't retune.

I am beginning to feel that it probably has a built-in obsolescence - it has never been as good as the DVD recorder (which is much newer) at picking up new channels so suspect that the Trinitron TV will have to work through a set-top box, or perhaps will have to have a new aerial fitted as you suggest, but don't really want to go to that expense when all other devices at home are working ok.

Thks

profile.country.en_GB.title
bradipo975
Visitor

I have the same problem, but unfortunately i have found the reason why the Tv won't work any longer.

It has all to do with some parts installed on the TV. I am attaching the link to the page where you can find the information.

I hope this link will help you. I don't know if Sony are able to install a new receiver able to get the new Digital signal , but due to the age of our equipment , I think is unlikely.

Good luck

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/21057/For_website_2K_only_models_ex_volumes_r...

profile.country.en_GB.title
steve_jone
Visitor

I too have the same kind of problem. I follow the same and finally worked out. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

How to receive Freeview since the switchover. Do I need a  set top box? I was receiving  through Sky satellite dish but I no longer subscribe to Sky & wondered if I need a set-top box. Model is Sony KD-28DX4OU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you plugged in your aerial cable and do you have an actual aerial on the roof nd not just a satelite dish?  If so, try retuning the tv using digital not analogue setup and see what happens.

Cheers