Join now - be part of our community!

Visit to Sony HQ - Weybridge

profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Visit to Sony HQ - Weybridge

It was fantastic having the opportunity to have a look at the new product lines for 2013. From slicing oranges on the new Xperia Tablet, to waterproof headphones, a must for all swimmers, and even the appearance of something that slightly resembled the Rolly, but cooler :cool:

The new TV range was awesome, coupled with demonstrations by guys who were totally passionate about the product, made this part of the evening just mind blowing. What can I say, the 4K was to die for, even up close, and I mean like centimeters away from the screen, the quality was superb, a must for anyone with a spare £25k. Even for more modest amounts, with X-reality Pro picture processing, triluminos colour and 2K up-scaling the picture quality available is fantastic, especially when compared side-by-side with the Samsung !!

The visit helped me make up my mind about which Home Cinema system to go for, something I’d been thinking about for a while. The demonstration flipping the sound between the conventional speakers and the NASA inspired magnetic fluid speakers sealed the deal and showed that Sony recognises that it is the whole visual and audio experience that counts.

The prototype “hand-made” TV, with the built-in magnetic fluid sound system looked amazing and sounded even better (if that is possible), the reaction on everyone’s face when Adele hit those high
notes was priceless.

To finish the evening, the hospitality continued with a chip butty and a pint of Guinness. Epic

Faith x

Sony (1).jpg

Sony (2).jpg

Sony (3).jpg

Sony (4).jpg

Sony (5).jpg

Sony (6).jpg

Sony (7).jpg

Sony (8).jpg

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Replaced the images for faith

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Faith..

profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Just found this while sorting out my videos and thought it fitted well into this thread :cool:  unless of course there is a "Sony 55″ 4K TV with Magnetic Fluid Sound System" thread out there :wink: