Join now - be part of our community!

Web product registration site issue & can't get help

profile.country.en_GB.title
jrburton@aj69
Visitor

Web product registration site issue & can't get help

So I buy another PS3 to add to my growing list of Sony products.

Want to do the right thing and register it on-line as I have done with the TV, Blueray player, 2 cameras, other PS3, DVD camera, in car TV screen and even headphones, cos I'm sad.

As it says "Simply register your product to access relevant content and services"

Go to web, log in and enter all the details details and get message "

Sorry, the product PlayStation 3 320GB with PlayStation Move could not be registered, please try again later. "

So I try later entering all the details another 3 times and still get same message.

So I try to contact Sony for help but all numbers and options are product related and no default option to just say "I need help and do not know which option to choose, route me to someone who can help" and I hang up.

I try to use web support mail option and this tells me I have to log in ?? which of course I already am. Enter details again and my password is not recognised?????

Log out main site and in again and try contact option again (which opens up new browser tab) and authentication fails again???

Try the phone option and end up with off shore support centre who try and register product for me but do not have permission. They suggest I contact the Playstation support team and provide number.

Playstation support sounds UK based but have no idea how they can help and do not see point of registering product!!

Seach web for direct number for Sony to try and call direct so I can get help, but no joy.

Try to create new account so I can ask for help (can this be right, you need an account before you can send request mail for help?) account already exists so unable to create.

And why exactly am I bothering, oh yes because it is simple and allows you to access relevant content and services.

So to the questions. Does anyone have a clue on:

a) how to register a product when web shows message, not right now thanks, comeback later and enter lots of information all over again so I can say no again?

b) how to contact Sony for something web related or non product related. You know just customer support?

c) how to generate a webmail from the Sony web site if you have not registered or account has gone wrong?

d) how I get the 2.5 hours of my life back, taken up so far with this mission ( actually no answer required on this one)

Screen shot was going to be attached, but message "The content type of this attachment is not allowed" but I can not see where is says what content is allowed so you'll just have to trust me.

Regards

J Burton

0 REPLIES 0