Join now - be part of our community!

Sony PS HX500 Turntable - spare stylus

shazzg
New

Sony PS HX500 Turntable - spare stylus

Anyone know where I can get a spare stylus for PS HX500 turntable other than Sony partner EET Europarts? I baulk ordering from them with their "standard delivery charge" of £12.95. That's more than half the cost of the stylus!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @shazzg,

I've checked this with one of our product experts, and found out that the stylus can be replaced with an equivalent Audio Technica one.  The colour of the ‘shank ‘will be different, but that’s about all.

Hope that helps?

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

That's one of  the great feature of this turntable. You can upgrade the stylus with a higher grade and enjoying a better and more precise sound so why looking for a same one ? 😃

Just make sure to know how to set the stylus back because PS-HX500 is not a plug & play system, you will need to calibrate it

profile.country.GB.title
yellowshark454
New

Hi I would like to piggy back on this. I was going to buy a Rega but have just seen this and the ability to create hires files along with excellent playback sound has switched my allegiance. BUT I am trying to resolve the cartridge and nowhere can I find any statement on which cartridge is fitted to this deck by Sony. If I do not know how can I replace it like for like!!!

Now the suggestion to fit an eqivalent Audio Technica stylus is a great idea but fitting an equivalent is not possible if one does not know what has been fitted by Sony. Anyone have an Audio Technica part no. for a compatible stylus?

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

here's what you need to know:  Output Voltage: 2.5 mV @ 1kHz  Load Impedance: 47k ohms 

profile.country.GB.title
yellowshark454
New

Thank you that will make it musch easier I am sure!

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

@yellowshark454 You're welcome 😃