Join now - be part of our community!

STR-K790 SUBWOOFER (active and passive)

profile.country.IE.title
anony01
New

STR-K790 SUBWOOFER (active and passive)

Hello,

I have a Sony STR-K790 audio receiver that was    once part of a Sony Home Entertainment Systems.

However I only have the receiver and would like to use the STR-K790 with my bookshelf speakers and subwoofer.

The STR-K790 is a 6 ohm receiver originally using 6 ohm speakers.

However my Klipsch Bookshelf B2 speakers are 75 Watts 8 ohms and my Klipsch SUB-10 is an active (powered) 300 watts (constant) subwoofer

From what I can discern the STR-K790 used a Sony SS-WP700 passive subwoofer and supplied power to it.

I've been looking through the Home Theatre manual but am unable to find anything about disabling it's subwoofer.

I've been told when connecting an active subwoofer via the receiver's main speakers the the sub's high i/o's,  one should  disable the recievers passive subwoofer.

I'm looking for someone that may  have  experience or knowledge, connecting an active sub to the STR-K790.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

I'm not familiar with that receiver, but from what I can gather there should be a 'subwoofer pre-out' terminal there which requires an active subwoofer. Is that not working for you?

Cheers

Mick