Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer not working on my BDP S480 blu ray

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pattierb
New

BBC Iplayer not working on my BDP S480 blu ray

I have had this for less than a week and everything else seems to be perfect but even though iplayer is listed and i can navigate to the channels screen it will not go any further.  Is there anything i can do about this as i really wanted this option on the player and am feeling more than a little cheated.  Bought from Freemans catalogue this week and have checked the firmware and it is up to date.

42 REPLIES 42
EdinKent
Visitor

I have the same problem on my BDP S480 but also not getting Demand5 either. Everything else (lovefilm etc) still works. Interesting that it seems to be just people on O2 broadband. Thing is we need to know who to raise the issue with: O2? BBC? or Sony?

I guess just hang on to see what response Catmambo gets from the Beeb...

jaarmst83
Visitor

Similar problems on an s370, broadband account with O2 in the York area.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Nothing from BBC on Friday unfortunately - my regular contact is back on Monday so will call him then and chase.

EdinKent rasies a good point about support for these kind of issues - Its not entirely clear as there are so many parts to the chain, no one entity can resolve it by themselves  - we'll always make a best endeavours attempt to flag it with the right people even if the problem isn't actually caused by Sony.

Thanks

ChrisPea
Visitor

It seems I have the same problem but on my week old BDVE 280. It all worked well for the first few days then the iplayer has decided stop working.  It now behaves the same as pattierb s BDP S480.

Please Sony/BBC sort it out, thank you

EdinKent
Visitor

Yesterday I raised the problem with Sony support, but didn't get too far as it was late in the day and I think they all left work.... well, it was friday night afterall..

Anyway part of my trying to help them see the problem for themselves was to upload a video of how iplayer and Demand5 are behaving.

Take a look - it would be interesting to see if everyone is getting the exact same thing or if there are differences..

http://vimeo.com/37385126

Its speeded up to more than twice real time because its like watching paint dry even on fast forward. But then, that's how annoying the problem is!

MikeyParr
Visitor

Yes, EdinKent, your vidoe shows exactly the symptoms that I have. I cam confirm that Demand5 suffers the same problem.

profile.country.GB.title
timodell

Yes Edinkent, my symptoms too on my BDP S370. As this seems to be the default thread for the iplayer problem on Sony (there are similar ones on other forums of course) can I do a quick survey as to how many of us are on o2 as this  seems to be the source of most if not all of the problem?

Catmambo
Contributor

I know Demand 5 were separately having a couple of streaming issues as well this week but thought they had been resolved - the two services are delivered in different ways, but it may be somethign else that is the cause of the issue here rather than the broadcasters themselves..

Can you check and see if any of the other specific UK services are affected like Sky News, Sony Entertainment TV& Lovefilm..?

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
timodell

I know that Lovefilm and QRIOCITY are both fine (I streamed the HD version of One Day last night without a single glitch - can't recommend the film though)

WozzaD
Visitor

I've had my BDVE280 for a week and have only just got around to connecting it up to my network. Everything working fine on the Internet media except iplayer. I can browse content but when I select to watch or even listen to something it times out and tells me my network is down. Do people from Sony look at these forums or is it in my interest to call Sony support? This is the number 1 reason I chose this player. I will be very very annoyed if its not sorted, and soon!!