Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer not working on my BDP S480 blu ray

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pattierb
New

BBC Iplayer not working on my BDP S480 blu ray

I have had this for less than a week and everything else seems to be perfect but even though iplayer is listed and i can navigate to the channels screen it will not go any further.  Is there anything i can do about this as i really wanted this option on the player and am feeling more than a little cheated.  Bought from Freemans catalogue this week and have checked the firmware and it is up to date.

42 REPLIES 42
sprocketman
Visitor

Update on my system:

- The Panasonic TV iplayer stopped working for a couple of days last week.  It has started working again this week.  It would hang or constantly have to re-buffer.  Same problem as the Sony Blu Ray Player

- I had a callback from Sony support and it was an interesting chat about this problem in general.  Sony engineers are working on the issue but it seems the problem may be between the Sony portal and the BBC iplayer service but unclear which side it's on.

- Given that the iplayer on my Humax PVR doesn't work either (similar problems to the Sony) it would suggest that part of  the problem must lay with the BBC.

- The Sony engineer has similar problems with his Blu Ray player at home.  We are not alone !!

I like Sony's support.  My kit doesn't work and it's frustrating but they do offer support and are kind enough to phone back and update.  Sony support is in stark contrast to Humax support - non existent.  BBC iplayer support is poor and they are pushing the blame onto Sony - conveniently disregarding my Humax and Panasonic problems.

I hope the engineers get to the bottom of the problem soon 'cos I love using iplayer.

The Sony chap said there is a knowledge base article on the Sony website which I should subscribe to and  will be updated with developments as they occur.  He thinks there should eventually be a firmware update.

But I can't find the knowledgebase.  If anyone does could they put up the link?

lancman21
Visitor

MikeyParr  -  Thanks for the reply. Still not working.

At least Sony are aware of the problem and are working on it. Seems we will just have to be patient.

sprocketman
Visitor
profile.country.GB.title
timodell

Am I alone in thinking the problem seems tohave been resolved now?

lancman21
Visitor

Well it certainly isn't resolved for me. Still no play button.

celavey
Visitor

Same here. These options doesn't really make any sense. I want it resolved completely. Anymore suggestions?

Catmambo
Contributor

The previous O2 issues I thought had since been resolved as far as I'm aware, so this might be a separate issue? What ISP are you using? Have you done the usual firmware upgrade and factory reset?

Thanks

lancman21
Visitor

Just turned my s480 on and was advised that a new software update was available. Did the update and......Bingo! i-player now works. So it looks as if the issues have finally been resolved. :smileygrin:

lancman21
Visitor

Aarrrrggghhh!!! It's gone again! iPlayer has stopped working again. I'm now back to square one with no Play button showing on screen. :angry: Been like this for the last week.

Did we ever get to the find out the source of this issue? Is it Sony, BBC or the ISP?

Catmambo
Contributor

Not looking to shift blame, but need to try and work out the weak link here. If you've tried a factory reset and the problem remains, then iits unlikely to be the player as looking the number of 2011 Blu-ray players connected to the network, we'd be receiving thousands of complaints which isn't the case.

Could always get the player tested by your local service centre as I guess it must still be under warrranty?

Failing that, maybe look at channging ISP to see if that fixes things? Who is your current ISP?