Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S1500 not finding usb sticks

Talset
New

BDP-S1500 not finding usb sticks

Hi All,

i have a Sony BDP-S1500 BR player, everything on it is fine apart from the USB slot, i have tried to USB sticks formatted in FAT32 and NTFS with different files .mp4 and .mkv on them and it fails to find both sticks one is a Lexar 32gb and the other is a Sandisk Cruzer 32GB. i habe formatted both sticks a few times doing a quick format and a full format. But alas i am out of ideas i can't get it to work i have looked over the manual a few times and made sure the file formats are right and they are. I just cannot figure this out any help would be very appreicated.

Cheers

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Is the bluray player not detecting the USB drives at all or is it displaying as an empty drive (i.e. no files)?

Cheers

Talset
New

HI Sorry for the late reply. The player dosn't find the usb at all. it keeps saying no deivce.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I can't vouch for the Lexar thumb drive but I do know that the Sandisk Cruzers work well with Sony players. Did you format them with a PC or Mac?

Can you try re-formatting the drives using a different computer?

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14

Mine worked for last 2 years and suddenly stop working USB and I don't think it's a physical  issue. Still all other features like BD/DVD/YouTube/Netflix are working fine. Is there any diagnosis we can do on this BDP-S1500?

@MK_Slinky wrote:

I can't vouch for the Lexar thumb drive but I do know that the Sandisk Cruzers work well with Sony players. Did you format them with a PC or Mac?

Can you try re-formatting the drives using a different computer?

Thanks.

Tak