Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-s760b pink tint to screen and no sound after watching a region A disc?

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

BDP-s760b pink tint to screen and no sound after watching a region A disc?

Hi, any one help solve this puzzle? 

Ive has this player for several years and it’s worked fine. It was bought as a multi region dvd and blu-ray player. Yesterday I played an American bluray disc in it yesterday which I guessed was region free as nothing stated on disc/packaging and although it called it a bd-rom it played it fine. I then watch Star Trek beyond Blu-ray which I presume is region free or region B as bought in uk - this again worked fine. 

Today I went to watch a uk DVD and the picture has a pink tint and no sound. I can only half solve the problem by switching video output from Auto to RGB which corrects the picture but I can’t find a way of solving sound issue?

On doing an All factory reset the same picture and sound issues occur, the video settings being set back to Auto which is now causing the pink problems. 

I’ve noticed in the Patental Control Settings the Parental Control Area Code has USA next to it - was the American Blu-ray region A? Has the Blu-ray player changed it’s region settings to USA? 

Thanks loads for any advice.

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

I’m using a hdmi 2.0 cable from the Blu-ray player to a Damson S-Series Atmos system and then another hdmi 2.0 cable from this to the arc hdmi on a Panasonic TX-50ex750b TV.

Is there a way to reinstall the latest firmware/software - might this help?

(I also don’t get why the TVs HDMI setting should have an effect on the audio from the S-Series when the TV is just being sent video from the Blu-ray?)

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi RReeday,

Could you try to unplug the player from the sound system and connect it directly to the TV through any of the remaining HDMI ports?

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

Hello, 

ive done this and the same issues of pink tint and no sound occur when the tv hdmi is in mode 2 (the higher spec mode). 

Put it into mode 1 (more basic) and sound and normal image return.

the same occurs through arc hdmi to the surround system only I get no Atmos signal to system and only sound bar puts any sound out, rear speakers are dead. Change Blu-ray audios output to 5.1 and all speakers are working perfectly.

Surround system has def received Atmos/7.1 signal before issues started..

its as if the Blu-ray player has stopped being able to send bitstream when in Auto??

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi RReeday,

Does this issue affect different contents? Is it possible to try to play any content that you've tried already before this issue starts and test the outcome? 

VanilLa_

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

Hi,

ive tried both of the Blu-rays that have Atmos/7.1 and the same issue. 

I tried both of these Blu-rays fine the day before the issues started.

apple tv has worked consistently ok.

i wish I had some other way of testing Atmos/7.1. I have Apple TV 4 which I think only does 5.1. I have uhd Netflix on my tv but I don’t think tv usually supports Atmos/7.1? 

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi RReeday,

That's very interesting. Could you let us know the name of the option that enables the Atmos effect? I'm looking to read the description of that option to confirm if this is normal behaviour.

Thanks,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

Hello, I’m a bit confused? Which device and which options do you mean? Atmos works automatically on the Damson S-Serieswhen it receives that signal...

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi RReeday,

Sorry, let me clarify. You said that when you change Blu-ray audios output to 5.1, all speakers are working perfectly. I'm asking about the name of this option in the (Audio settings) of the player.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
RReeday
Explorer

Hello,

so by this I meant pressing the audio selection button on the remote whilst playing the Blu-ray Disc - the players hdmi audio is set to Auto (which I’m guessing enables bitstream as other option is pcm) - pressing the audio button  moves sound from 7.1/Atmos to 5.1 mixes and commentaries etc. All other mixes work fine apart from 7.1 which doesn’t send anything to rear speakers and possibly only centre channel to soundbar (though I can’t be certain of this, it just sounds odd..)

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi RReeday,

I believe that it should be normal if the sound is output correctly only when you choose the (2ch PCM). The User manual says you can select this option if you connect a receiver a TV or an AV receiver that does not support Dolby Digital or DTS.

Vanilla_