profile.country.bg_BG.title
stoyanov84
Visitor

BDV-E880 subtitle problem

Hello,

i have Sony BVD-E880 Home Cinema System,

but when i play .mkv file from usb hdd i dont have a subtitle

need to burn in on .mkv file ,

other i play a Blu Ray AVC mkv with integrated subtitles in original pgs but subtitles never show :slight_frown:

do u anybody know a salution for this question ?

how to play .mkv with external file subtitles ?

Message was edited by: stoyanov84

Message was edited by: stoyanov84

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

many of us have asked for subtitle support for playback of .srt files but unfortunately this falls on deaf ears at Sony!!

profile.country.de_DE.title
MOSI-SIA
Visitor

Hi dear

I have a BDV-E985W (I think is equivalent of european BDV-E980W) and I can attach my desired subtitle to MKV format with 720 or 1080 without any lose of quality and play via USB port. It takes just under 5 minutes software work on computer.What is your desired subtitle language ?

profile.country.hu_HU.title
kanagaraaj
Visitor

WHAT IS THE SOFTWARE NAME TO ATTACH SUBTITLE

profile.country.ro_RO.title
Fryn1000
Visitor

MKV merge GUI. Woks fine.

Fryn1000
Visitor

Hi

A have Sony BDV E 880 and after I did the update to this firmware M07.R. 0624, mkv file letters  subtitle were very small. Before the update I had letters, now barely readable. How can I make the big letters? Mention that the subtile is included in the mkv file. Please help!!!

My english is poor, I hope to have made me understand.

profile.country.tr_TR.title
c.a.g.l.a.r
New

I have same small subtitle issue and created a new thread for this https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/813101. I hope it may be resolved soon.

Convergence
Visitor

I would imagine if you want help with this issue, you need to give more information, like the following;

What software was used to make the copy of your media, what settings were used and what type of subtitle font and size was used, Sony could then work a creating the same files you have, however if you have MKV files from a third party that lets says are not of your making then you won’t get any help, as you are not able to supply this information, your best bet for subtitles would be to use DivX or XviD as both are supported using the normal Subtitle file format and not a container like MKV, that way it can be turned on or off as required

Fryn1000
Visitor

I use MKV merge GUI and it works perfectly. But I put subtitles in mkv file inside. It is very simple to use.Lasts 5 minutes. :slight_smile:

Convergence
Visitor

Hi Fryn1000, understanding how you merged your MKV and subs is one thing, the key to this issue is the main files, how did YOU make these files?  or are they downloads?  the inforamtion any engineer would need is about the files before you merge them, the font and the size may not be maintained in the new video file, the codecs for Audio and Video all build a MKV folder, all this will make a difference for an investigation, also are the codec still the same after the GUI has completed its task