Join now - be part of our community!

DN1030 3D Blu-Ray problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
onecode
Visitor

DN1030 3D Blu-Ray problem

After a 30 minute wait on Sonys helpline and being cut off when the agent put me on hold I gave up with them.

I have a DN1030 with a BDP-S490B blu-ray player and KDL-55HX853  (all 3d enabled?)

I tired to watch a 3d film last night with the player connected to the dn1030 via hdmi, but the disc said I needed a 3D enabled TV & player to watch in 3D!

When I connect the blu-ray to my TV directly via hdmi it works in 3D, but I dont get 5.1 sound back out of the TV via hdmi audio return, so I dont want to do this,

I thought the dn1030 was meant to do 3D?

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
onecode
Visitor

Yes I had updated all of them to the latest.

I managed to get it working some how not sure why, on the TV I went into enable for HDMI control and turned everything off then turned the TV & receiver on, then the blu-ray.

Then is was fine, the first thing the person from the sony help line said to me is...

No it wont work your receiver isn't compatible with 3d, lol

Thanks for you help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Thats strange as indeed all your gear is 3D compatible - are you running the latest firmware on all 3 devices?

Thanks

onecode
Visitor

Yes I had updated all of them to the latest.

I managed to get it working some how not sure why, on the TV I went into enable for HDMI control and turned everything off then turned the TV & receiver on, then the blu-ray.

Then is was fine, the first thing the person from the sony help line said to me is...

No it wont work your receiver isn't compatible with 3d, lol

Thanks for you help.