Join now - be part of our community!

HELPPP!! HT-SF200 to Sony Bravia Bluetooth Issue

profile.country.GB.title
CaptainLambino

HELPPP!! HT-SF200 to Sony Bravia Bluetooth Issue

Hi all, really hoping someone can help ASAP!!!!

Two days ago I bought a Sony Bravia KD-43XF7596 and today I also a sound bar to go with it, the HT-SF200.

I have just spent the last three hours trying to sort out connecting the soundbar to the bravia via bluetooth...

When I navigate to Bluetooth Settings on the TV, the soundbar doesnt appear. I click on pair and the Soundbar will not pair with the TV. It simply does not appear under the list.EVER. I have followed the instructions which came with the soundbar. I have tried moving it closer to the TV etc. etc. I have connected it to the TV with the digital cable provided and this works but I was sold it on the basis that it would bluetooth connect with my TV.

Both mine and my partners iphones managed to pair to the soundbar without a hitch but when it comes to the TV  - it doesnt work. I bought this soundbar as I wanted a Sony soundbar to match with the Sony Bravia

The final kick in the teeth is that after trying endlessly to get the TV to pair - the soundbar's bluetooth light is now flashing endlessly and I cannot seem to stop it which has now lead to stopping working through the digital cable. It is almost like it has become stuck on pairing mode

Is this all down to a faulty soundbar? Or am I making some huge stupid error???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Laura

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Laura, 

Can you let me know if you have an HDMI cable connected to Sound Bar? 

If so, can you please disconnect it. The Sound Bar cannot be connected to the TV by Bluetooth while an HDMI cable is inserted.
In addition, if you connect the Sound Bar to the TV by HDMI cable when they are already connected by Bluetooth, the Bluetooth connection will end and switch to HDMI connection. Therefore, use the Sound Bar without inserting an HDMI cable when you want to use Bluetooth connection.

Let me know if this helps?

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
Edone1
New

Hi June did you manage to sort this problem? I am encountering the same difficulties. Ed

profile.country.GB.title
bookert
New

Hi,

I have newly purchased a Sony soundbar and have exactly the same problem as described. I havea HT-SF200 soundbar and a Sony Bravia TV