Join now - be part of our community!

How to stream video from PC to SONY Blue Ray player ?

SOLVED
profile.country.hu_HU.title
HUPIKEK
Visitor

How to stream video from PC to SONY Blue Ray player ?

Hello All

I own a new SONY BDP-S370 Blue Ray player. It is connected to the home LAN trough the USB wireless feature. It works fine, bringing videos from the SONY's server (not sure about the exactly source).

Now, the natural question is: it is possible to connect the BR player to the home PC in order to stream videos from the PC to the BR player ? Can somebody help me how ? Grateful in advance, Robert

Message was edited by: HUPIKEK

Email address was edited out by moderator.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried the software mentioned in the previous posts? Windows Media Player isn't great for this kind of job.

peedee
Visitor

No but I will have alook at it. Is there an incompatibility with the E370 software because I have also tried it with my laptop running Windows 7 and WMP12 with the same result ? If so should Sony not be looking at this?

peedee

Catmambo
Contributor

Its just there are far better media streamers both free and paid than Windows Media Player. It just so happens that it happens to be the default media player on all new PC's - but that doesn't necessarily mean its the most suitable for all tasks. Mezzmo seems to get very highly rated on the boards here.

thanks

peedee
Visitor

Well I downloaded the latest trial version of Mezzmo and followed all their instructions and although I can manually set up Mezzmo to see my E370, Mezzmo still does not appear on the E370. Does the E370 latest firmware version M04R708 actually support DLNA? Has anyone got streaming to an E370 to work?

I have even switched the firewall off so don't know what more I can do!

peedee

gofrost

if you have mcafee total protection make sure that you havn't marked E370 as an intruder as it will block any connection (home defensive network)

Catmambo
Contributor

Yes, the BDP-S370 has supported DLNA since launch. I've certainly been using it to stream content for the last six months or so as have many others.

I think there must be a glitch in your network setup somewhere as normally the content server will just appear as an icon under the video tab. If its not appeared then the Blu-ray player can't see the server for one of many reasons. As the software and player are known to work well together, the issue must lie somewhere in your particular setup I think.

Do the other video services work? Can you access the iPlayer and Youtube ok?

profile.country.hu_HU.title
HUPIKEK
Visitor

Hello peedee

I'm using the Mezzmo (purchased the licence - it worths).

As a first step you have to open the SONY BDP (to be ON). In this statement the Mezzmo has to recognize it as a part of your LAN .

Only in the recognized situation you can setup the Mezzmo with your specific data, as SONY PAL / NTSC , and so on. The Mezmo working smoothly on MPG files, on HD as AVCHD it pauses some time for a while and continues.

If you cannot operate as described by me, you have a LAN communication problem. By the way, i'm operating wireless, trough a USB feature connected at the back of the player.

peedee
Visitor

Thanks for the confirmation that there is no incompatibility with these products. I think I have sorted it, at last. I can now see the Sony BDP in the WMP sharing window. It was a router problem, UPnP had to be enabled. I had tried this before but without success and think the addition problem was I needed to restart the router once I had changed the settings. I have set it up to share music, pictures and video. What should I be seeing on the BDP Home screen and should I now be able to see a connected server in the Network settings.

My brain hurts and the better half of the family has control of the TV for the evening so have to leave it until tomorrow.

peedee

Catmambo
Contributor

Good work fella :slight_smile:

Basically now you will see the PC Server listed under the various tabs. In the PC servering software you'll need to specify which directories you want to share. Then when you want to stream a video, select the server name under the video tab and it should show you the correct directory from where you can choose the video..

alexure
Visitor

Hi

I'm able to stream from my PC to the bdp-370, but am perplexed as to how to play the music files in the order they appear on the album, and on WMP. As it is they play in alphabetical order. Does anyone know if I need to tweak WMP, or would another media player do what I want?

Thanks