Join now - be part of our community!

On the 14th August I returned SVRHDT500B to my local Sony shop as no picture and menue shows on my television. So far I have recieved no phone call or update from the shop as to the progress relating to the repair or replacement product?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
AFC4545
Visitor

On the 14th August I returned SVRHDT500B to my local Sony shop as no picture and menue shows on my television. So far I have recieved no phone call or update from the shop as to the progress relating to the repair or replacement product?

On the 14th August I returned Hard disc recorder HDT500B to local Sony shop in Watford. This unit was only 4 months old and under guarantee.Unit sent for repair on this date. Tuning works but no picture or menue is shown on the television despite trying various hdmi and power cables?

I have phoned several times and visited the shop as I had not received any communication relating to progress. Initially I was told the repair shop had lost the unit, eventually I called in to be advised they had found the unit. Today 24th september some 6 weeks later I phoned to be told they had found a fault and ordered the part and would phone me when the unit is returned to the shop. I find the customer service and product support to be appalling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  AFC4545,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Unfortunately I don't think there is much we can do to help you with this as this is primarily a user forum..

Has the Sony store given you a case number.?

Do you know who they have sent your Digital TV Recorder to for the repair.?

You may not be aware but the Sony Centers are not part of Sony Europe but are indepedantly owned &  therefore responsible for the level of service you recieve..

If this is not to your satisfaction then I would ask to speak directly with the store manager, hopefully he will help resolve the problem for you..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  AFC4545,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Unfortunately I don't think there is much we can do to help you with this as this is primarily a user forum..

Has the Sony store given you a case number.?

Do you know who they have sent your Digital TV Recorder to for the repair.?

You may not be aware but the Sony Centers are not part of Sony Europe but are indepedantly owned &  therefore responsible for the level of service you recieve..

If this is not to your satisfaction then I would ask to speak directly with the store manager, hopefully he will help resolve the problem for you..