Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD shows 'Channel Is Not In Service'......Why?

profile.country.en_GB.title
ChrisChaos
Visitor

RDR-HXD shows 'Channel Is Not In Service'......Why?

Hi there,

I've got a RDR-HXD890 which has been morking fine for a few years and has had no problems relating to the recent switch over to digital.

This morning however it will, when switched to any channel, only display 1st the channel and program info against a black background as usual follwed by the message "This channel is not in service"

The 7 day program guide works fine, showing correct information for the following week and it plays back previously made recordings and DVD's.

Looking in the set up menu, under 'Digital Tuner' I'm told that both Signal Strength & Quality are at pretty much 100% and our digital TV shows all the channels as normal.

I have of course re-tuned/replaced channels on the unit, it found over 200 channels and having sorted them and after deleting duplicatesd it left me with just over 120 of them, none of which can be watched though as all show the same 'Channel Is Not In Service' message.

Any help would be great.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try to reset it (stop + poweroff, unplug from power for 1 minute) than proceed with the automatic retuning.

LAINYRIDDAS
Explorer

did this work ?

LAINYRIDDAS
Explorer

Ive tried this & it didnt work Any one help??