Join now - be part of our community!

Re :- Home Cinema system = BDV-N590

profile.country.en_GB.title
63TOBIAS1948
New

Re :- Home Cinema system = BDV-N590

Hi all, recently I purchased a Sony BDV-N590 Home Cinema speaker system, when it arrived  I started to install the rear speakers, good amount of cable was supplied by sony, but not enough to reach my rear speakers, I telephoned Sony to see if any longer speaker cable was available but I got a negative reply, they suggested I should purchase a wireless transmitter to operate the speaker system. The cable in question has a sealed unit plug to connect to the main distribution centre. Has anybody had any experience with Wireless transmitter, I would appreciate any info or advice, thanking you kindly.

Waiting For answers or replies.

Regards :-  63TOBIAS1948

Message was edited by: 63TOBIAS1948

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

Sony dont like people messing around with their "specifications" much and that includes speaker cable!, there are a couple of ideas that spring to mind, one you could try your local Maplin store and see if you can get the male and female connectors and some extra speaker wire and make up the extentions ( may need a bit of soldering work ) that way the original wires are not affected and the warranty intact, the other way of coarse is to cut and splice a longer piece of speaker wire to the existing wires, again a bit of soldering and taping up is needed, in both cases be sure to keep the wire with the stripe on in the same line, speakers seldom go wrong however if the main unit plays up or goes wrong and  they see you've cut and shut the wiring you may lose on the warranty, its up to you.

Convergence
Visitor

Hi I don’t believe they do S-Air units for the all-in-one systems anymore, so extensions would be the only way, however it could mess up the sound field as these are designed to work within the diameter of the supplied cables

if you follow the guides for 5.1 speaks you should not over reach your speakers

speaker.jpg