Join now - be part of our community!

SongPal and STR-DN1050 issues

colossusuk
Explorer

SongPal and STR-DN1050 issues

Hi All,

Since Sony has released the updated SongPal version 3 on Apples website, it has stopped working with my brand new AV Receiver, the STR-DN1050.

Prior to this I had version 2 installed on my Iphone and it worked perfectly and I was really happy with the functionality it provided.

Looking at the feedback on the iTunes app store, many people have the same expereance as me.

Has anyone else been able to get this to work with their STR-DN1050 ?

From a little digging, It appears Sony might have removed the ability to control this amp, and only work for the newer model STR-DN1060.  However you can still buy the 1050 from shops and mine is still under a year old!

I dont understand why Sony would remove support from their SongPal app while the Amp is still available to buy on the market. It's not like it's a legacy product 10+ years old for example.

If anyone from Sony reads this please can you fix this or raise this issue with the developer of the app so that can get it working again!!

James.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
dbongard
New

Hi James,

It has all been said before.

Sony doesn't give a rat's how new your 1050 is or how much they have crippled it.

http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/STR-DN1050-and-Music-Center/m-p/657598#M17615

profile.country.GB.title
JasonPJI

I see sony have deleted the massive US thread about this issue. They have done nothing to resolve the matter, they have just deleted all evidence of the unhappy customers. Disgusting behaviour from a company I once held in high esteem.

sonyarethieves
Explorer

When are sony going to fix this? The STR-DN1050 is COMPLETELY USELESS without the app. How are you supposed to play music when in zone 2 without the app?